Red Cathedral wishes everyone a wonderful 2024

You read that right: Have a great 2024!
Try to make the year count. I'll be doing only a few of the same things I've done in 2023.

A short christmassy timelapse video

Basiliek van Tongeren during the Christmas period

Things that will change in 2024:

▶ First of all I'll be doing less events. After Covid there was this rush to start over and do as many as possible again, but 2023 left me completely exhausted, stressed, frustrated & anxious. My body told me several times to calm down and after a while even the most stubborn person starts to listen.
▶ Got a season's pass to Pairi Daiza so I'll try to go see the animals instead. Calm down. Relax.
▶ Trying to head into the Pyrenees mountains again. Leave society & the abundance of their illogical rules behind me for a bit. Recourcing myself & hoping to get in touch with the self I actually liked again. The dude that smiled & dared.
▶ Been wanting to learn new things for a while now.. No: I always want to learn new things, try new things.. accepting they will fail, learn from those mistakes and try again. So I want to do some shoots and videos knowing they will probably fail.. The inner socially anxious introvert that has been guiding my head in 2023 would not allow that. Since people always expect the same thing I'll probably disappoint a score in 2024 if I finally start experimenting again. Edgy, grimdark & gritty like my soul.
▶ Maybe visit, or revisit 1 or 2 countries. The world is a huge place.
▶ Would love to TTRPG & tabletop wargame again. Make the time to re-read some comics (and a few novels). That will probably not happen in 2024, but it's staying on the list.

Train station Antwerpen Centraal.Wintermarkt Antwerpen

Where to find Red Cathedral:

▷ All stills always go to my FLICKR. One of the very few places on the interwebs where I often post.
▷ If you enjoy what I do, you can always buy me a whisky on KO-FI (Thx!)
▷ Updates on events/processing sometimes go to the FACEBOOK.
▷ Short videos that are not always in line with the usual IG content go to CLAPPER. Since nobody on there knows me IRL, I mind less about what I'm posting.. and strangely enough that's the account with the most followers. Weird.
▷ I never know what to post on INSTAGRAM nor on THREADS. Posts there never seems good enough, hence I often want to post something.. and then simply don't. Call it social anxiety.
▷ On my YOUTUBE channel there are at the moment only Sony tech videos being posted to make my daytime job easier.

If you enjoy some of the things I do, give those a follow.. or not.

Basiliek van Tongeren during the Christmas period.The view Antwerpen.Basiliek van Tongeren during the Christmas period

The lights of this period of the year are a delight. I used to say the same about the food & booze in this period, but things on some wintermarkets have changed and now only the pretty lights remain as a given positive.
Alas no matter how much I enjoy having those lights in the streets, for me this remains the saddest period of the year.. every year.. again and again.

Yule in Tongeren.Wintermarkt Antwerpen.Sometimes you just want to give up and head into the light

Maretak (Mistletoe) on wintermarkt Antwerpen.Basiliek van Tongeren during the Christmas period.Merry Xmas

More stills from a dark December are on Flickr

Let's see how this link from Threads looks.

A link to this article:  http://tinyurl.com/RCwishes

Namaste & I might delete this post once I feel like re-reading it.

As dessert: a timelapse from my 1st winter in Tongeren:

Tongeren in winter

Populaire posts van deze blog

Sony tech - Using A-mount lenses on E-mount cameras

Event - Ciao Tongeren (2024)

Event - O-Parade Genk (2024)

Event - Les fêtes médiévales de Binche (2024)

Event - Trolls et Légendes (2024)

Event - FACTS convention

Event - Ensor danst in Alden Biesen

Sony tech - Updating your camera firmware

Event - Kroningsfeesten Tongeren

Collab - Steampunk & Victorian shootday