Event - Carnaval Tongeren 2024

Willy Wonka's Oompa-loompas

Tongeren looks at its best when the entire city is celebrating.
Carnaval is on the shortlist of highlight events. So eventhough I was still completely exhausted from the wonderful masked ball Ensor Danst in Alden Biesen the night before, had only slept 4 hours and my aching back was killing me, I hopped.. well rather: crawled.. on my electric step so I would not miss the big carnaval parade in the city center.

An image gallery:

Carnaval Tongeren (2023-2024)

This year I stayed on the sidelines instead of jumping into the parade and shoot portraits like last year.
So that's different.
What's also different were the antique Carnaval Giants leading the parade. They had been lost for decades and after being recovered the team from Mario's delicious ice-cream parlor restored them. Kudos to that restauration team!

If I'm feeling better & more alive next year, I'll be once again in the middle of the action.. the way I like it.

All photos can be found on/downloaded from my Flickr once processed & uploaded
▷ Maybe some highlights might go to Clapper & to Instagram or even Threads.
▷ Buy Red Cathedral a whisky on Ko-Fi
▷ Updates on the post-processing progress will go to THE Facebook.
▷ A "How to download stills from Flickr" tutorial was posted here.

 Some samples:

Burgemeester Patrick Dewael deelt snoep uit.De gerestaureerde Reuzen van Tongeren.The fire department of Tongeren

 

Funky monkeys & disco bananas.When the Brits visit carnaval Tongeren

Willy Wonka Carnaval Tongeren.Prins Kenny I van de Lindemannen

A direct link to this article: http://tinyurl.com/2024carnavaltongeren

Namaste and till another event

 

 

 

 

 

Populaire posts van deze blog

Event - Trolls et Légendes 2024

Sony tech - Using A-mount lenses on E-mount cameras

Event - Les fêtes médiévales de Binche (2024)

Event - FACTS convention

Event - Ensor danst in Alden Biesen

Collab - Dryad fantasy boudoir

Event - Kroningsfeesten Tongeren

Sony tech - Using APS-C mode on Full Frame cameras

Event - Elftopia 2023

Collab - Halloween at Verbeke Foundation