Event - Stadsmuzikantenfestival & MoMent

Hey, don't you wanna know how I've been since I left you behind? (sic ISE)

Only last year, in 2023, I discovered there was a music festival in Tongeren. Several bands on the list like were frequently played on the alternative radio station I listen to (Willy Radio). On top of that it was held in several locations scattered throughout the medieval beguinage.

Dressed like Boys op Stadsmuzikantenfestival in Tongeren

So I had to shoot it.. at least once.. 

I went for Isbells & Johannes is zijn naam.
I discovered Echo Beatty, Roufaida & the fun of Lupagangang.
Got Iron Maiden-beer & ice-cream to cool off.
It was a good day.. so let's if 2024 can be as good.

Let's provide you with a few links:

All photos can always be found on/downloaded from my Flickr and here!
▷ A "How to download stills from Flickr" tutorial was posted here.
▷ Updates are on THE Facebook.
▷ Buy Red Cathedral a whisky on Ko-Fi
▷ I'll try to post something to Clapper , Instagram & on Threads.
▷ Give a follow to this young creative foundation: Deep Red Noise vzw/asbl

Here's the stills gallery of Stadsmuzikantenfestival 2023 + 2024:
(Click on the arrows on the side to scroll)

Stadsmuzikantenfestival Tongeren (2023-2024)

 

Now it's 2024 and the last months have been so challenging that I cancelled all events till August, but this weekend is another edition of this Stadsmuzikantenfestival (a part of Moment Festival of Arts) and I'm looking forward to Dressed Like Boys (= the frontman of the band DIRK), ISE (The badass winner of De Nieuwe Lichting) and TJE (A very promissing 3rd place in Humo's Rockrally). Maybe I'll discover some unknown diamonds like last year.. and maybe I'll take a camera.

UPDATE 2024:
The rain waited till after all shows were done and my very special beers were finished. Luckily, because the shows were as good as hoped for.
For a singer-songwriter festival the sound went all over the place; from indie folk, via jazzy sounds to Indian tribal and something which in the old days would have been labelled as kleinkunst. 

The 3 artists I really wanted to see delivered solid shows and are ready for the big Summer stages. They all have huge potential so it's great to have seen them for such an intimate showcase. However, compared to the 2023 edition, 2024 had almost 5 times more visitors. Some venues were even getting too small for the crowds.
BTW If you ever have the chance to listen to Dushime, don't hesitate. The music is more jazzy, hence less my thing, but her voice is as impressive, powerful and epic as a Walküre riding down from Valhalla to find the fallen heroes on the battlefield. Just WOW!

For those who enjoy street spectacles: during the 2024 MoMent festival, of which the Stadsmuzikantenfestival is a part, the giant Mo and their Red ribbons took over the streets:

MoMent Festival Tongeren (2024)

You should read the story behind the spectacle about Mo the child refugee on their website.
A 90 seconds video of the show: on my Clapper

 This is a selection of images I made for Instagram:

*** Placeholder for 2024 ****

Peace

A direct link to this article: https://tinyurl.com/stadsmuzikanten24


 

Populaire posts van deze blog

Sony tech - Using A-mount lenses on E-mount cameras

Landscape - Le Massif Central

Sony tech - Using APS-C mode on Full Frame cameras

Sony tech - The A7RV menu system

Event - Ciao Tongeren (2024)

The making of a Fire video Masterclass

Sony tech - Updating your camera firmware

Event - Trolls et Légendes (2024)

Sony tech - 10 features of the ZV-E1 that I really like