Sony tech - The A7IV menu (Video)

A few days ago I got my private Sony A7IV after thoroughly testing a pre-production model from work.
You can find those 1st pictures on Flickr.
Fun fact: This home-coming of the A7IV was my very first video on Clapper (look for Red Cathedral

There are some quirks in the A7IV like cropped 4K 60p (just like Nikon's Z6II), it heats faster than the A7SIII (I might you some tricks to minimise heating while filming in a later article) and eats through batteries at the same speed as the A1 and A7SIII. (You wanted more power than the A7III, you've got more power.. but that has a price). However, for events this is an allround powerhouse.. at least: once I'll be doing events again. 

For once a I did a complete video walk through of my changes and settings in the menu.
It's in English but at the end I quickly show some  important parts in French & in Dutch.


Some samples & experiments are already on Flickr (including lowlight, APS-C lens,.. why APS-C? Read this article then)

Looking very serious & with elegance into the APS-C lens on the full frame Sony A7IV. Shopping after dark - Testing the Sony A7IV in bad light situations

 MORE samples

Maybe later-on I might do some in depth look at what the camera is capable of and what you should be aware of.
And yes, I'll be using it together with the LA-EA5 adapter as well. (Read this article about A-mount adapters)

For Sony Benelux we made several webinars about the camera.
Let me share 1 in Dutch and 1 in French:

Dutch:

French:

 

And on the evening of December 8th I'll share an English spoken workshop about editing the (pre-production) A7IV's RAW's in Capture One 21 + 22 that I was preparing at the moment of publishing this article.

 

If you have other questions about Sony tech like "In camera photo capture from video", "Loading/saving settings", "A-mount adapters",.. you might consider reading these articles. If there are specific topics or cameras you are puzzled about, just ask.
And I know people rather have flashy Youtube videos than text articles, but honestly.. I don't care.

Namaste

"Why not try to create a widget to show my Youtube shorts?" I thought one evening:

Populaire posts van deze blog

Event - Trolls et Légendes 2024

Sony tech - Using A-mount lenses on E-mount cameras

Event - Internationale carnavalsstoet Hasselt

Collab - Verbeke Foundation cosplay day 2024

Event - Carnaval Tongeren 2024

Sony tech - Using APS-C mode on Full Frame cameras

Event - Ensor danst in Alden Biesen

Event - Winter in Pairi Daiza

Event - Elftopia 2023

Collab - Halloween at Verbeke Foundation